What type of soy is in Medifast?
Medifast uses Supro® brand soy protein, a high-quality complete protein derived
from soybeans. Supro® is produced by The Solae Company. The Solae Company has
been conducting soy protein research for more than 30 years.
What are the benefits of soy?
Not only is soy protein a source of high-quality protein, it is thought to play both a
preventative and therapeutic role in the following:
- Studies show naturally occurring isoflavones (such as those in Supro® brand soy protein) have increased the mineral content and density of bones, which may protect against the risk of bone fractures and osteoporosis.
- Studies have indicated that a regular intake of soy foods may help to prevent hormone-related cancers such as breast cancer, prostate cancer, and colon cancer.
- Soy works to lower LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) levels in the blood. Reductions in LDL cholesterol have been shown to help decrease the risk for heart disease.
- Soy may reduce triglyceride levels and increases HDL cholesterol levels (good cholesterol), which further reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Soy isoflavones, which are a natural phytoestrogen source, may help reduce menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes or night sweats.
- Soy is a complete protein, providing all of the essential amino acids.
How much fiber do Medifast Meals contain?
Medifast Meals contain 3-6 grams of dietary fiber (with the average Medifast Meal
providing approximately 4-5 grams),depending on which Meals you choose. You'll
also get fiber from the "Green" portion of your Lean & Green Meal. For the amount of
fiber in specific Medifast Meals, please refer to our Product Nutrition Quick Profile
Which Medifast products do not contain soy?
Which Medifast products do not contain dairy?
Which Medifast products do not contain whey?
Which Medifast products are lactose-free?
How much soy do Medifast Meals contain?
How much gluten do Medifast Meals contain?
Does Medifast carry kosher products?
The majority of Medifast products are certified kosher by The Orthodox Union of New
York. For specific information, refer to our complete list of Kosher Products