Choose 5–7 ounces of lean protein—fish and shellfish, poultry, beef, pork, and meatless options—every day. Depending on the fat content, you'll also get up to two servings of healthy fat, like olive oil, olives, or low-carbohydrate salad dressing.
Load up on non-starchy vegetables like spinach, spring mix, asparagus, and broccoli. You'll get three high-fiber, low-carb servings a day to fill you up and slim you down.
If you find yourself craving a little something extra, enjoy an optional snack such as:
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 fruit-flavored sugar-free Popsicle®
- 1/2 cup serving sugar-free gelatin, such as Jell-O®
- Up to 3 pieces of sugar-free gum or mints
- 1/2 oz of nuts: almonds (10 whole), walnuts (7 halves), or pistachios (20 kernels)*
- Medifast Soy Crisps and Crackers
*Nuts are a rich source of healthy fat and additional calories—choose this optional snack sparingly.
Spice up your Lean & Green with up to three condiments. Example of approved condiments:
- 1 Tbsp sugar-free catsup
- 1 Tbsp salsa
- 1 cup Pure Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp cream cheese